Novel coronavirus (COVID-19)
We requested a cancellation to the hotel that I booked, but the hotel is refusing to provide refund.
Please reconfirm the hotel's cancellation policy and contact the hotel or the travel agent you made the booking through directly (including online travel agents）.
For further assistance, the National Consumer Affairs Center of Japan has a telephone hotline called "Consumer Hotline for Tourists" that provides consultations in English, Chinese, Korean, Thai and Vietnamese. Please note that standard call rates (and international connection fees) will apply.
[Consumer Hotline for Tourists]
03-5449-0906 (from overseas +81-3-5449-0906),
Weekdays 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. (closed on weekends, national holidays and Dec.29-Jan.3)
Have more questions?
Articles in this section
- Any restriction on entering Japan?
- Should we cancel or postpone our trip to Japan?
- Coronavirus advisory information
- How to prevent the novel coronavirus?
- What should I do if I am infected with COVID-19 in Japan?
- Do Japanese medical institutions accept payment by credit card?
- Where can I check if tourist facilities are temporarily closed?
- Where can I check the status of events and whether shrines, temples, restaurants, etc. are open?
- We requested a cancellation to the hotel that I booked, but the hotel is refusing to provide refund.
- World Health Organization Q&A on coronaviruses (COVID-19)