Japan National Tourism Organization Visitor Service Development Section Regional Tourism Department, based in Yotsuya Cruce,1-6-4,Yotsuya,Shinjuku-ku,Tokyo, is an establishment of the Japan National Tourism Organization (“JNTO”). This information notice is issued to you on behalf of JNTO, including all its relevant offices and establishments, which control and process your personal data in the way described below. 1
The way in which we process your personal data is very important to us. We process your personal data in the following manner in accordance with the applicable regulations of the EU, member countries of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), and the UK relating to data protection, in particular the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the GDPR) and the GDPR as it is incorporated into UK law by the European Union (Withdrawal) Act 2018 and as amended by the Data Protection, Privacy and Electronic Communications(Amendments etc.) (EU Exit) Regulations 2019 (the UK GDPR) (hereinafter the GDPR and the UK GDPR shall collectively be referred to as the “GDPR”).
1. Our processing of your personal data
We process your personal data for the following purposes:
- To respond to inquiries
- For future reference
In these cases, the personal data processed includes your name, contact details such as your address and e-mail address, and other relevant information related to the activity carried out by us.
We process your personal data for the purposes explained above in order to pursue legitimate interest, so you can participate in our activities, as well as in ours, in order to enable us to manage these activities (Article 6(1)(f) GDPR). Where your consent is necessary to process the data, we will request your consent (Article 6(1)(a) GDPR).
Please note that you are not obliged to provide your personal data. If you do not provide us with your personal data, we may not complete the purpose of the processing for which the personal data are intended.
2. How long do we keep your personal data
We will only retain your personal data as long as there is a statutory or legal requirement to do so or in order that we are able to meet the abovementioned purposes. This will usually require us to retain your personal data for a set period of time after any relationship has ended for accounts and records purposes.
3. Transfers of data to other companies and countries
We will store your personal data on our systems located within European Economic Area (EEA), which comprises the Member States of the EU, Norway, Iceland and Lichtenstein, and the UK as well as outside the EEA and the UK.
Furthermore, we will share your personal data with other companies and entities who may be located within or outside the EEA and the UK. Such entities may include social network services (e.g., Facebook, Twitter), business partners (e.g., Bespoke Inc.,2-21-1 Shibuya Shibuya-ku,Tokyo) and IT service providers (e.g., Bespoke Inc.,2-21-1 Shibuya Shibuya-ku,Tokyo ).
Where a company is located outside the EEA and the UK, we have implemented Standard Contract Clauses (according to the GDPR requirements) to oblige the company of its responsibility of fair and legal use of your data.
4. Your rights and requests
You have the following rights:
- Access to personal data: You have the right to be provided full information about your personal data that we hold.
- Data correction: You have the right to require that we correct any incorrect information that we hold about you.
- Data deletion: You may also have the right to ask us to delete your personal data, when certain conditions apply.
- Restriction on processing of personal data: You may have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal data, when certain conditions apply.
- Object to processing of personal data: You may have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, when certain conditions apply.
- Portability of personal data: You may have the right to receive your personal data in a structured and commonly used format, when certain conditions apply.
- Withdrawal of your consent: You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. This right only exists where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. Withdrawal of consent will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
- You also have the right to obtain from us a copy of any Standard Contract Clauses that we use if we transfer your data outside the EEA and the UK.
To exercise your rights, or if you require further information about how we use your personal data, then contact:
In case you are not satisfied with how we have handled your personal data request or how we obtain/use your data, then you may wish to lodge a complaint by contacting a Data Protection Supervisory Authority here 2 if you are in the EEA or to the Information Commissioner's Office 3 if you are in the UK.
1 For the contact details of all JNTO establishments, see here: https://www.jnto.go.jp/eng/contact/regional_offices.html