Do I need an International Driver's License to drive in Japan?

If you wish to drive in Japan and you have a foreign driver's licence, you will need to obtain an International Driver's Permit. You will need to apply for this before you make your trip to Japan. If your driving license is issued in France, Switzerland, Germany, Belgium, Slovenia, Monaco or Taiwan, it must be accompanied by an official translation.

For details, please see the following page:
Foreign Driver’s Licenses and International Driving Permits

Have more questions?

Was this article helpful?

Search 3 out of 3 found this helpful