Where do I find tax free shops?
The number of tax free shops in Japan is increasing every year, and there are now more than 40,000 tax free shops according to Japan Tourism Agency's announcement every 6 months.
Please see the page below for a list of major tax-free stores:
Have more questions?
Articles in this section
- You often see“ duty free” at airports and other locations. What is the difference between Tax-free and Duty-free?
- Can I get both the liquor tax and consumption tax refunded at a sake brewery?
- I left my passport at my hotel. Can I apply for tax exemption tomorrow?
- Is it true that purchases made at shopping malls and shopping streets can be consolidated for tax exemption purposes?
- I understand that liquids cannot be brought onto the airplane, so how can I apply for tax exemption for cosmetics and so on?
- If I don’t get an entry stamp on my passport because I use the automatic gates when entering Japan, am I still eligible for tax exemption?
- What is the eligibility for tax refunds?
- Are credit cards widely accepted? Would you recommend bringing cash or credit cards?
- What can I bring through Customs?
- Where do I find tax free shops?