Can I use my cell phone in Japan?
This can vary depending on your network provider.
Before arriving in Japan, make sure to confirm the compatibility of your mobile phone with your telecommunications service provider.
It is worth noting that rental phones, sim cards and Wi-Fi routers are available in Japan on varying plans and costs.
Most major airports have kiosks offering these services.
Do your research to find out what makes the most sense for you.
Have more questions?
Articles in this section
- What should I do when I get injured or sick while I am in Japan?
- I lost my wallet/phone/luggage.
- Are there restrictions on bringing my medications to Japan?
- Can I use my cell phone in Japan?
- Do I need any vaccinations before coming to Japan?
- What should we do in case of emergencies?
- How do I treat heatstroke?