We will travel from Sapporo in Hokkaido to Oita in Kyushu and many cities in between. Is it possible to get a single train ticket that will allow unlimited journeys on all routes across the country?
JAPAN RAIL PASS is available for overseas visitor to Japan, the six companies comprising the Japan Railways Group (JR Group).
The pass allows you to travel across the country on the lines operated by the JR group, and is available for seven, fourteen, or twenty-one consecutive days.
Most trains including all Shinkansen (bullet train) - except for Nozomi and Mizuho - can be used.
You can learn more about JAPAN RAIL PASS here:
Have more questions?
Articles in this section
- Where can I purchase the JAPAN RAIL PASS in Japan?
- How do I estimate the various fares of public transportations in Japan?
- I plan on travelling to Japan during Japanese holiday season. Will I have a problem in booking a Shinkansen train?
- Can I purchase tickets or make reservations for JR trains in advance?
- We will travel from Sapporo in Hokkaido to Oita in Kyushu and many cities in between. Is it possible to get a single train ticket that will allow unlimited journeys on all routes across the country?
- Are there any discount travel passes that I can purchase at Narita Airport?
- Are there IC cards that I can use for traveling on public transporation?
- Can I buy a JAPAN RAIL PASS from your office?
- What is the difference between Suica and PASMO?