Safe Travel

What should I do in case of an emergency (illness, injury, etc.)?

In case of an urgent incident or accident, call 110 to call the police. For emergency injury, illness, or fire, call 119 for an ambulance or fire truck.

If you are not in the most serious emergency but wish to consult, you can call the Japan Visitor Hotline 24/7.

Call 050-3816-2787 for tourist information or assistance in the case of accidents and emergencies available in English, Chinese, Korean, and Japanese.

If you encounter a significant natural disaster like a typhoon, earthquake, tsunami, or volcanic eruption while in Japan, you can use the following websites and apps for information:

The following page also provides you with links and information to access in case of an emergency:

What to do in an emergency

Have more questions?

Was this article helpful?

Search 3 out of 12 found this helpful